Soul Golem

So, as promised and on time (despite all odds!)

PA271184

The Pulp City Soul Golem is finished. I love this mini. When I first saw it during Pulp Monsters last kickstarter (incidentally they are running a second one right now) and I saw how faithful the sculpt was to the original art I knew I had done the right thing in backing the campaign!  PA281186

He’s cast in high quality resin and he’s a beast of a model. The detail is crisp and clean and there's plenty to get your brush around.

PA281187

I am really pleased with the end results here. I spent a lot of time working up the flesh tones to give a muted tone but with a lot of depth. I knew I wanted a high contrast to the soul sections and the colours range from a deep jade to almost pure white. The fine lining on the armour took over two hours split over several days but I think it was a simple but effective way of bringing out all the detail. PA281189

I spent a lot of time on the face, working up layers of fleshy tones and fading out to the purple of the rest of the skin. I started with the face and having now finished the mini I still love it! I will say though, if you drop the mini (and I did) that horn will break right off!PA281190

And here he stands with my gentleman sniper (affectionately nicknamed Stanley). Stan is a 28mm figure so hopefully that gives you some idea of just how huge Soul Golem is!

I hope you guys enjoy the finished mini as much as I do! Until next time, keep on painting!

The Duke

Comments

  1. That is a beautiful piece of work dude! Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive, Chris. Love the eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Finch. It's nice to have an eye you can actually add several layers of highlights to!

      Delete
  3. Tremendous work Chris - fantastic. :)

    I love the mini too, and this is one of the best I have seen. :) Kudos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leon, coming from you that means a lot! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ta Dave! You should come and see it in person!

      Delete

Post a Comment