Balsag the Hunter and the Bugbear Gardeners

Here they are then, Balsag the Hunter and the two Bugbears who tend Belak’s garden in the lower level of the Sunless Citadel.

So, this is Balsag, although he remains a generic Bugbear Chief and so doesn’t have the antlers the scenario describes. DSC00331 DSC00332 And the rest of the tribe…DSC00333 DSC00334These guys are out of production Ral Partha Bugbears and a Bugbear Chieftain from the late 80’s/early 90’s, same batch as the Kobolds from earlier. I was hoping to find something… different… more like the 3rd edition images in the monster manual, however after buying the Otherworld models that will appear over the next couple of weeks, my budget would not stretch to new minis so I dug these out of my collection.

Scale wise they are just a little too small, so I mounted them on 25mm bases and filled out the gap around the edge with static grass, which gave a very pleasing stepping stone effect. Balsag himself is carrying another of my free axes from Hasslefree and looking quite menacing. The models have turned out quite nicely, I was pleasantly surprised, I didn’t rate these sculpts, my only complaint would be the lack of hair on the models…

Next week the Dragonpriest… who may be a little less priest-y and a bit more troll-y…

Comments