Building Bridges - Part 7

Today I "finished" Bridge 1 and started work on Bridge 2. Now, I say "finished" because I still might repaint the tops but having looked at them today I'm feeling a little happier with the colour match, it's not perfect but it's okay. 

I also added some signage...


The hazard bars are suspended by chain which was glued and then gaffer taped to the inside of the bridge. They were made using plasticard and overall I really like them, especially the way they swing :). The warning signs on the bridge itself were just printed and glued to cardboard. All in all a very simple touch but one that really adds some life to the project. 

With Bridge 2 I wanted to make sure that it would match when placed down next to Bridge 1 as these two are always likely to be used together. So when I painted it I made sure to line up all the bricks and continue the same pattern. Now it doesn't matter which way you place them down, 1 then 2 or 2 then 1 the brick work will always match. 


So, one more day of work and these two bad boys will be done! Next in line are the arches and shop facades. Until next time, keep on painting. 

The Duke 

Comments

  1. Fantastic work. :)

    Stunning stuff to look at. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leon, hopefully I'll get it to the table for some pulp city soon!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's what I was going for Finch!

      Delete
  3. The extra details you add make every piece look so much better. Part of the magic seems to that every addition makes so much sense. An amazing show so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wouter. I think extra details are often overlooked, but the real world is full of extra bits of detail and that's what makes these feel like more than a flat mdf kit.

      Delete

Post a Comment